Podcast, Spoilers, Christie and us - No 8, Towards Zero

Towards Zero by Agatha Christie

published 1944


Spoiler Warning with Brad and Jim

 

 


I blogged on this book quite recently, because I read it in advance of the podcast, and couldn’t resist writing about it – a compliment to the book, which I consider one of Agatha Christie’s Top 10.

 

Jim Noy (Invisible Event), Brad Friedman (Ah Sweet Mystery) and I get together every couple of months to discuss a Christie book in startling detail – Jim, God bless his bones, edits it into a podcast and puts it out under the name Spoiler Warning.

So if you want to listen to this one, head over to Jim’s blog here.

 

Spoiler Warning – Towards Zero by Agatha Christie

 

And may I say this:  that rap and beatboxing was as much of a surprise to me, as a participant, as it was no doubt to you, the listener.

 

Next Spoiler Warning, in a few months’ time, will be Mrs McGinty’s Dead, another great favourite.

 

Here’s a cover for a Towards Zero paperback: is it a spoiler? And what on earth is he wearing?





Comments

  1. I'm so happy you three are doing this, Moira! There is no-one better qualified to talk about Christie's work, that's for sure. Good to hear, too, that you're planning on Mrs. McGinty's Dead. That was the first Christie I ever read, and I still have a soft spot for it for that reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too kind Margot! We do love doing it, and are so pleased if others enjoy. And I too have a huge soft spot for Mrs McGinty, can't wait! What a great excuse to re-read one of her best.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much. What a good book to discuss...

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I wondered that too, that would make it both a spoiler AND inaccurate, which is quite an achievement. Or else underwear?

      Delete
  4. Our basement flooded in the rains last week and I've been washing/wiping/packing/moving since then, which is the only excuse I can offer for having read your subtitle as "Spoiler warning with Bread and Jam."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly think we should change the name of the podcast to that

      Delete

Post a Comment