Reviewing for the i newspaper: Paula Hawkins' The Blue Hour

The Blue Hour by Paula Hawkins

published 2024




I reviewed The Blue Hour for the i newspaper, link below, and strongly recommend it as a really compelling thriller. (I am trying not to put the most famous thing about Paula Hawkins in the first line, but see below). This is a proper literary thriller, and it nearly gave me palpitations, I was transfixed, not necessarily in a good way, by the final 50 pages, and pretty sure it would give me vivid and possibly nasty dreams when I eventually calmed down enough to go to sleep.  Click below to read my review in the i.



It's nearly 10 years since Paula Hawkins published the phenomenally successful book The Girl on the Train, also a film: it inspired an article I did for the Guardian newspaper on glimpses from trains, and I also gave it its own  blogpost.



Comments