Reviewing for the i: Richard Osman's The Last Devil to Die

The Last Devil to Die by Richard Osman

published 2023



Richard Osman's new book is out next week, the fourth in his Thursday Murder Club series.

I have reviewed it in the i newspaper today. Not a spoiler: I absolutely loved it.


you can read it here:

The Last Devil to Die proves Richard Osman is the rightful king of crime - whatever the snobs might say (inews.co.uk)


(there is a limit to how many articles you can access on the site, but you may be able to read it in this photo)



The three previous books have also featured on the blog.

The Thursday Murder Club

The Man Who Died Twice

The Bullet That Missed - which I also reviewed for the i newspaper


Comments

  1. Fantastic review, Moira. I'm very glad it ticked all the boxes for you. I like the fact that the characters' storylines are moving along just as the major plot lines do. That makes them more authentic, in my opinion. You make a good point about categories, too. I wouldn't say Osman's work is cosy at all, but there are lighter moments. It's not dark and gritty, but there are, as you point out, darker moments. I think that's part of what makes it ring true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margot - and you make very good points about what makes reading these books such a positive experience.

      Delete

Post a Comment